Peer-to-Peer is a free, 10-session educational program for adults with mental illness who are looking to better understand their condition and journey toward recovery. Taught by a trained team of people who’ve been there, the program includes presentations, discussion and interactive exercises providing critical information and strategies related to living with mental illness. Everything is confidential, and NAMI never recommends a specific medical therapy or treatment approach.
This in-person group experience provides the opportunity for mutual support and positive impact. You can experience compassion and reinforcement from people who relate to your experiences, and get help with:
- creating a personalized relapse prevention plan;
- learning how to interact with health care providers;
- developing confidence for making decisions and reducing stress;
- staying up-to-date on mental health research;
- understanding the impact of symptoms on your life;
- and accessing practical resources on how to maintain your journey toward recovery.